Occupational Therapy for Children and Young People
We aim to provide support not only to the child/young person but also to the parents/carers, teachers and staff.
Thrive works with all children and young people, including those:
- at risk of delays in development;
- with identified delays related to a neurological, physical, cognitive or genetic diagnosis; or
- who demonstrate significant developmental difficulties and/or delays but do not have a diagnosis.
Our team has many years of experience in paediatric occupational therapy and meet regularly to share expertise. We can support children’s development in many areas including:
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Sensory processing
- Social skills
- Visual motor skills
- Visual perceptual skills
- Activities of daily living, such as, self care, dressing, toileting and feeding
- Functional activities, such as, riding a bike and handwriting
Our team, of highly skilled occupational therapists, is experienced in working with children who have:
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Coordination difficulties, including, dyspraxia and developmental coordination disorder
- Developmental delays and impairments
- Handwriting difficulties including, dysgraphia
- Learning difficulties
- Neurological disorders
- Sensory integration dysfunction/sensory processing disorder.
Contact Us for more information about how we might work with you. We are able to offer a prompt and flexible service in order to best meet your needs.