Job title: Office manager
Main purpose and scope of the job
Thrive is looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, IT literate administrator to join their growing team at their office, based at Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and flexible with great attention to detail, requiring minimal supervision. No specific experience is required but you will be expected to be articulate and well presented with good written and spoken English skills.
Thrive is a small, close knit team so we are looking for someone who fits in with our business ethos and work ethic. Thrive is a school and education-based service requiring ‘term time’ working.
Hours of work
16-18 hours per week over 38/39 weeks per year.
£19500 -21450 Pro rata/annualised hours
Report to Alison Barrett, Director
Jennifer Barrow, Director
Office manager role and job purpose;
- General reception duties. Manage customer enquiries and queries by email and phone, schedule appointments for OTs.
- Manage inventories and maintain adequate stock levels, including assessment paperwork and equipment.
- Responsible for marketing, tracking and updating website and social media.
- Maintain employee files.
- Ensure all pre-employment and employment checks completed as required (internal and external checks).
- Coordinate and manage training and development for employees.
- Assist with quotes, ordering and invoicing.
- Coordinate the planning and promotion of training courses (internal and external).
- Responsible for monitoring and introducing systems and processes for the company, including policies.
- Manage health and safety and fire procedures in the office.
- Provide admin support to team members.
- Numeracy and accuracy are key to this role, together with a methodical and analytical approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft office programmes
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Adaptable and flexibility.
- Prior office management experience.
- Experience of working with public sector or local authority customers or providers.
- Experience of working in a health or education setting.
- A sense of humour and desire to get involved in social or charitable activities.
Send a cv and covering letter expressing your suitability for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org