Many mainstream schools have pupils with and without diagnoses that have difficulty participating in important school activities such as handwriting, paying attention, organisation, interacting with others and coordination. We offer a flexible service and are able to work with all children and their teaching staff in ways that work best for the teacher, school and child. We work to help pupils improve their skills and participation in identified areas, as well as work collaboratively with teachers, parents/carers and staff to help the children meet their targets.
Some benefits of having Thrive OT work with your staff and pupils:
- Clearly measurable goals for the child.
- Support for the teacher, LSA, TA and/or SENCo in helping all children access the curriculum.
- Support in addressing difficulties the child may be having in participating in classroom activities.
- Increased understanding of a child’s needs and strategies to help them succeed.
A few examples of services we could offer your school include:
- Direct services – individual or small group therapy sessions (in or out of class).
- Extended services – after school groups or individual therapy sessions.
- Consultation/collaborative services – working with teaching staff to assess and enhance the participation of individual children or a whole class in activities.
- Education – for teachers, support staff and parents/carers regarding specific difficulties and approaches.
Please contact us to find out more. A member of the team would be happy to discuss your specific needs and requirements. contact us
Please contact the team to find out more or to discuss how Thrive OT could work with your school.
Check out the testimonials page for feedback from parents and staff.