Thrive Occupational Therapy Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when working with us, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
|Name and contact details of the Data Controller:||Kerry Springett (Business Manager)|
Why we collect and process your data:
We may process your personal data under several different lawful bases, such as:
- Service enquiry; relevant data will be held for a period which enables us to process and respond or to contact you to answer your questions or requests. We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely or in some cases anonymise it when there is no longer a legal or business need for it to be retained.
- Consent; we always ask for your consent to process your data in order to provide our specialist occupational therapy services to you. This consent can be withdrawn at any time.
- Contract; when engaging in our services we will put an agreement in place which will lay out our Terms & Conditions of Service.
- Failure to give consent to these will result in Thrive being unable to provide their services to you.
How and what information is collected about you
We may collect the following information from you or the individual referrer via email, telephone call, post, questionnaires, forms, or in-person:
- Date of Birth
- Contact details (phone, email, address)
- Parent/Guardian names and contact details (phone, email, address) for minors
- Personal medical and lifestyle information, including reports and letters from other healthcare professionals
- Education setting details
What we do with the information we gather and what it is used for
- Professional record keeping of Occupational Therapy services provided to clients.
- Provision of Occupational Therapy services.
- Sharing your information with relevant parties when necessary, with your consent, such as other Health and Education professionals.
- Your data will not be transferred to a country outside the European Union.
How long we keep your information for
- Thrive Occupational Therapy Services Ltd will retain personal data in the form of medical records for 7 years for adults and 7 years following their 18th birthday for children, unless upon review it is deemed necessary to retain it for a longer period.
- All other data will be held for as long as it is needed for the purposes it is being processed for.
- If you have given your consent to us processing your data, you have a right to withdraw your consent to any further processing.
- You have a right to request your data to be restricted or erased from our records however, please be aware we have a legal obligation to maintain and hold medical records.
- You have the right to request your data be transferred to another organisation.
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified.
If you wish to withdraw consent or request a transfer or erasure of your data, please contact Kerry Springett, Data Controller on email@example.com.
How you can access your information
You may request details of personal data which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the data held on you, please write to Kerry Springett, Data Controller at Thrive Occupational Therapy Services Ltd, 3 Hall Farm, Sywell Aerodrome, Sywell, Northamptonshire NN6 0BN.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place highly secure electronic systems and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site or page. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Thrive OT use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Thrive OT does not use cookie technology to collect personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other sites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal data which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Right to Complain
If you have a concern about our information practices, you have the right to complain. You can do so by contacting;
- Kerry Springett, Data Controller on 01604 644537
- Alison Barrett or Jennifer Barrow, Thrive Directors on 01604 644537
- The Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or by visiting ico.org.uk.